St. James’ Parish Day School is an NAEYC accredited school. To be accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood, St. James’ has voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self study, invited external professional review to verify compliance with the Academy’s Criteria for High Quality Early Childhood Programs, and has been found to be in substantial compliance with the Criteria.
What is a high quality early childhood program?
A high quality early childhood program provides safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children.
In accredited programs you will see:
- frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children.
- planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active, outdoor play
- specially trained teachers
- enough adults to respond to individual children
- many varied age-appropriate materials
- a healthy and safe environment for children
- nutritious meals and/or snacks
- regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- effective administration
- ongoing, systemic evaluation